We would like to make some comments on the three yogas vis., Harsha, Sarala and Vimala involving the 6th, 8th, and 12th, the three Dusthanas or inauspicious houses of a horoscope. If the lords of these three houses are posited in their own houses or in any of the other two houses, they produce excellent results. Every planet In his own house is deemed to be good and strong even if the house concerned is 6th, 8th or 12th; but how is it that lord of an inauspicious house produces good resultes when he is posited in another inauspicious house. The reason given for such an opposite effect is that the lord of an inauspicious when disposed in another inauspicious becomes so weak that it loses its evil character and assumes the role of a strong benefic to enable him to produce excellent opposite results. Uttarakalamrit supports this view; but Parashara in his Brihat Parashara Hora Shastra has accorded no recognition to this yoga. The effects given there of disposition of the lords of the 6th, 8th and 12th in each other's houses are described below :-
(1) 6th lord in the 6th - The native will have enmity with the group of his kinsmen but. he will be friendly to others and will enjoy mediocre happiness in matters like wealth.
(2) 6th lord in the 8th - The native will be sickly, inimical, will desire others' wealth, be interested in other's wives and be impure (or degraded).
(3) 6th lord in the 12th - The native will always spend on vices, be hostile to learned people and will torture living beings.
(4) 8th lord in the 6th - The native will win over his enemies, be afflteted by diseases and during childhood, will incure danger through snakes and water.
(5) 8th lord in the 8th - The native will be longlived. If the said planet be weak being in the 8th the native's longevity will be medium, he will be a thief, be blameworthy and will blame others as well.
(6) 8th lord in the 12th - The native will spend on evil deeds and will have a short life. More so, if there be additionally a malefic in the said house.
(7) 12th lord in the 6th - The native will incur enmity with his own men, be given to anger, be sinful and, miserable.
(8) 12th lord in 8th - The native will always gain, will speak affably, will enjoy a medium span of life and be endowed with qualities.
(9) 12th lord in the 12th - The native will face heavy expenditure, and will not have physical felicity, be irritable and spiteful.
It will be seen from the above that according to Parasara the lords of the 6th, 8th and 12th are not good enough even when they occupy their own houses. According to him only the 12th lord in the 8th produces some good effects.
If the lords of the 6th, 8th and 12th houses vested with strength are posited in Kendra or Trikona and the lords of 1st, 10th, 4th and 9th houses be weak or combust, and occupy the 6th, 8th and 12th houses, the yoga so arising is named Duryoga. If, however, the above dispositions are in the reverse order, viz., the lords of the 6th, 8th and 12th houses being weak or combust occupy those houses and the lords of the 1st, 4th, 9th and 10th being strong are posited in the kendra or trikona house, the native will become a king, fortunate, wealthy, happy and virtuous.